WHO AM I?
I’m a 32 year old travel writer and photographer based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Born and raised in the US, I re-located to Copenhagen in 2011 to pursue a Master’s Degree and to experience what it is like to live and study abroad for an extended period of time. I currently work as a Global Marketing Manager in the Advertising Technology industry, but have previous experience in Mergers and Acquisitions and Commercial Real Estate. I am an avid photographer, videographer, writer, and have been dancing ballroom and latin avidly since 2004. You can find a more in-depth resume here which includes my peer reviewed research, thesis, and work history. Curious about my Master’s Thesis? View it here. It should be obvious, but just to be clear – please note that all opinions and content shared on VirtualWayfarer are representative of me and my personal opinions alone.
I’ve had the travel bug since before I could walk. By the age of two we had begun a yearly tradition which stretched well into my College Career. Once a year we would pack up and head across the border and into Mexico for several weeks at a time.
By 5th grade that wanderlust was securely cemented when we rented our house, packed a year’s worth of possessions into four bags and caught a plane to Europe. Once there we spent 11 months traveling by train, car, bus and boat. During that time I was travelschooled and quickly learned to love foreign cultures, history and the world at large.
After our return I spent a conventional year in school before we struck out once again, this time I spent 7th grade on the road. Instead of revisiting Europe we took our 32 foot fifth-wheel trailer and RV’d across the U.S.
I am a passionate traveler with perpetually itchy feet. I’ve currently set foot in 50+ countries across five continents and since College have tried and take at least two trips internationally each year. My preferred travel style is as a budget hostel/backpacker, a travel style which I find to be both enjoyable and extremely social.
WHERE I’VE BEEN
August 1995 – July 1996
- Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Italy, Monaco, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland
August 1997 – July 1998
- The majority of the continental U.S., parts of Canada, Northern Mexico
May 2004 – June 2004
- England, Scotland, Ireland
September 2007 – December 2007
- England, Scotland, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Greece
- Northern Ireland, Scotland
December 2009 – January 2010
- Mexico, Belize, Guatemala
June 2010 – July 2010
- Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Germany
December 2010 – January 2011
- Argentina (layovers in Chile, Peru)
June 2011 – December 2011
- Denmark (moved), Sweden, Hungary
January 2012 – December 2012
- Turkey, Sweden, Dubai, Zambia, Czech Republic, Germany, Scotland, Italy, Canada
January 2013 – December 2013
- Turkey, Austria, Scotland, Hungary, USA, Belgium, Italy
January 2014 – December 2014
- Ireland, Germany, Italy, Denmark
January 2015 – December 2015
- Spain, England, Lithuania, Estonia, Germany, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam
January 2016 – December 2016
- Lithuania, Poland, Italy, Germany, Myanmar, Thailand, Finland, Iceland, Zanzibar, Tanzania
January 2017 –
- Lithuania, China, Romania, Slovenia, Turkey
- Hawaii, Alaska, Southern Mexico, Baja
**Disclaimer – Because they passed that idiotic new legislation here’s the mandatory disclaimer: This site has several ads on it. Those ads really don’t generate any money, but they might and apparently that has the potential to corrupt my judgment (or not). Some of my links are also affiliate links – but have no fear, whatever I’ve recommended is a genuine recommendation – I just run it through an Amazon affiliate link/etc.